Friday, June 6, 2014

Lifting Weight Turned Me Into A Man

Yes, you guys. It's true. All this intense training has morphed my once female body into that of a MAN.

You have been reading all about my training these past few months. I've been deadlifting, squatting, pressing (and now benching!) for awhile.

Heck, I even do mud runs!

I guess the proof is in the pudding folks. All the bro-science believers, all the cardio bunnies spending hours flipping through magazines on the treadmill... they were right all along! 


Just look at that. Way to muscular, boxy, and thick for a female.

Lol guys. JK.

I'm writing this post to assure EVERYONE that, no...

LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHTS DOES NOT MAKE A FEMALE BULKY.

OR MANLY.

OR UNFEMININE.

Since starting my weight training journey, I have had MANY people try to tell me to stop going to the gym. Why?

"You're going to hurt yourself."
"You'll stunt your growth."
"You'll mess up your back."

But most of all...

"You are going to look like a man."



It's usually difficult to try and convince people otherwise. I've learned to simply shake my head and thank them for their advice.

But I think for the rest of us... we can agree that anything could be farther from the truth.

I will write a post soon about the benefits of weight lifting for females!

Do you lift weights? Why?
Have you ever been told/told someone that a girl will get bulky?

Natalie

2 comments:

Virginia @thatbaldchick said...

You certainly don't look like a guy. Great job on your weight training. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the support Virginia!!

VGN