Friday, June 21, 2013

Home made RANCH dressing! Sugar Free, Paleo Friendly

So to redeem myself from yesterdays nasty looking pancakes...

Yes, I know they LOOKED like a pile of...well, a pile of something otherwise inedible. I am not sure if this is simply because my presentation skills (or, uh, pancake flipping skills?) aren't all that great, or if they were never meant to look pretty in the first place... but I PROMISE that they tasted otherwise. And after all, who cares what the food looked like once its happy in your tummy? ;)

But in any case, I thought that I needed to post another delicious recipe that actually had a decent picture!
I present to you..

Okay, I'm still no photographer, but at least its process right?

Ranch Dressing!
Home made ranch at that.

Home Made Ranch Dressing
1 cup non dairy mayo
1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk 
1/2 TSP lemon juice
1/2 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 TSP Thyme 
1 garlic clove, minced 
1/2 TBSP dried drill (or 2 TBSP fresh)
1/2 TBSP Parsley flakes 
Dash of cayenne
Dash of Paprika 
Salt and Pepper to taste 

1) Chop the clove of garlic
2) In a medium bowl or container (you see I used a mason type jar!), combine the mayo and coconut milk and mix until smooth.
  3)Add the chop garlic, the lemon juice, and the vinegar.
4) Stir in the rest of the spices, tasting near the end to make sure there are no adjustments needed.
5) Either serve right away, or store in the fridge and let marinade for a few hours! The flavor really grows this way.

I personally do not eat dairy (I am lactose intolerant), so this recipe really makes me happy. I missed the days when I dipped my veggies in Hidden Valley, or topped my salads with the stuff... how awesome is it that we can make our favorite foods in a healthy way? 

Try this out, and tell me what you think! I thought it was a relatively easy recipe. 

Feel free to comment and message me!

Natalie  



1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

VGN