The smell of sauteed vegetables is just SO mouth watering... it filled the whole house, and then once I started cooking of the meat, things got really tough. I mean, I was so tempted to just eat the whole thing out of the pan. Patience. Plus the fact that I needed to take pictures for my blog. Patience.
Without farther ado, here it is...
Basil Sauteed Melody with Browned Turkey
Yields 2-3 servings
1/2 lb lean ground turkey meat
1 TSP Chile powder
1 TSP garlic powder
1 TSP black pepper
1 TSP paprika
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced mushroom
1/2 small jalapeno (i used home grown, and mine was actually sweet as it had turned yellow)
1 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
1 regular sized package frozen broccoli, thawed
1 large diced tomato
1/4 cup unsalted vegetable or chicken stock
3 TBSP chopped fresh basil
2) On medium high heat, melt your coconut oil and saute the garlic, jalapeno, mushroom and bell pepper. Let get soft, about 5 minutes.
3) Add your thawed corn, and saute for another 5 minutes before throwing in the thawed broccoli.
4) After about 3-4 minutes, add in your Chile powder. Stir well.
5) Add in your chopped tomato at this point.
6) Once the tomato has softened transfer the mixture in a bowl and set aside.
7) In the same pan you just used, place your unsalted stock.
8) Place your meat and other seasonings in the pan, and cook until browned, with most of the liquid gone.
And voila! This meal is simple, and since it uses some frozen items, you probably already have the ingredients in the house! ;) Pretty good for a something I
Try this out and let me know what you think. I will definitely be making this again, maybe adding some onion on the next go around (none were in the house when I made this).
Have you ever had success with a last minute meal?
What are your favorite things to saute?