Monday, July 15, 2013

My Life Lately

I don't think I have ever really done one of these yet, so I figured it is about time!

What is going on in my life (that is at least some what relevant to what I post here?) Well, on a daily bases, my life is filled with all sorts of things I could ramble about. However, I think the events from this past weekend might be more of the audience's interest here on Clean Eating Teen...

For those of you who did not know, Friday was the official Cow Appreciation Day. If you came to Chick-Fil-A dressed or painted like a cow, your food was free!

My mom has been face painting at a Chick Fil A close to us for nearly 12 years. When I was about 7 or 8 I helped her out by sitting next her and offering to make kids balloon animals, but for the past 4 or so year, I also am painting. We always are hired for Cow Appreciation day... my my goodness, some things you see there just can not be unseen.

I have witnessed full families come in not only for breakfast, but for lunch and dinner as well. I can not tell you how many grown men I have seen with blown up gloves attached to their stomachs as utters. Even high school football jocks show no mercy in the face of free food... they come dressed up too!

Honestly, it is a GREAT company to be a part of. The Chick Fil A franchises are usually ran by friendly people, and the workers i've seen are collage bound and friendly.

So, this past Friday, I spend about 7 hours face painting for this occasion! One of the hit things kids were asking for was a Despicable Me minion... so cute.

Me with the famous cow! 

Come Saturday, I started my day off with a nice dose of Bob Harper: Inside Out Method Cardio Conditioning.

Let me tell you one thing. I love Bob. 

I mean, really, I do. If him and Jillian ever decided to have some sort of fitness love child, I would steal it from the hospital and raise it as my own (okay, so maybe that's showing you too much of my creeper side...)

This workout was AWESOME!! All you need are two pairs of dumb bells, a medium set and a lighter one, and of course your own body weight. I have done his Total Body Transformation , and that is equally as good. I've yet to try Jillian's latest DVD, Hard Body , but I right now am thinking that Bob is a bit tougher in the DVDs than she!

Should I start doing workout DVD reviews? 

Afterwards, my mom, sister and I headed to the farmers market! We got TONS of vegetables, and for such a good deal I am still in shock. This was our first time to this certain location, so we are DEFINITELY going back. They run every Saturday! 

 Me with all my goodies! This doesn't even show the giant box laying on the car floor.
And for the record, yes, I am wearing pants. This is just a really awkward angle. 

We lay out everything after we returned home that evening. Yellow squash, Pattypan squash, Tomatoes, and those little round white things are EGGPLANTS! Yes, "Egg" plants. Get it?

After the market, we met briefly with my moms long time friend from elementary school! She just started working at an antique store, and we wanted to check it out. Sadly I don't have a picture for this.

She had to close up shop and my mom had made plans to go to lunch with her, and my dad had invited my sister and I to a pool party with some family friends. So, my mom dropped us off with him.

Pool and COOK OUT time!!

My sister and I. This was the first time I had swam all year!

As you know from previous posts, I LOVE COOKOUTS. I think they're so fun. This party is an annual one, so I always look forward to it this time of year. Sadly, they did not really have much I could eat (lots of things with dairy, and they cooked out brisket and hot links- red meat). So I settled for some fruit, veggies, and like half a container of some Sabra hummus someone with good taste brought. ;)

I ate more where that came from.

It was pretty light, but that night I got my fill for food by cooking up a big old saute of our fresh veggies! I had that, with turkey patties and black eyed peas. 

What were you up to this weekend?
Whats the best deal you have had at a farmers market?

Natalie

No comments:

VGN