Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIAW #14- More Food and BREAKFAST RUTS

As you know from my past experiences, it can get tricky to capture every meal Tuesday to make this Wednesday post. So I decided to try something different this week... I've compiled a few pictured from meals throughout my week (not just yesterday) to share with you all!

I like this format a bit better, so let me know what you guys think of it. It is similar to The Lean Green Bean's "Weekly Eats" post.

Breakfasts:

Above: Peanut butter with an apple and a hard boiled egg
Below: Peanut butter and 1/2 an apple, with a TBSP of homemade hummus and carrots. Also a slice of Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal Bread with the butta'. 

I have a confession. I am IN A BREAKFAST RUT.
Don't get me wrong, I love my peanut butter and everything... I just think things are getting boring. The same basic things over and over again... any suggestions on recipes?

Lunch:
Vegetarian Chipotle bowl with brown rice, black beans, TONS of fajita veggies. corn, pico, and lettuce. I tossed some Tabasco sauce on there too. Talk about sodium overload. But I only go here every other week or so... so it is alright! 

I am bad at lunches. Really, when it comes to taking pictures, I FAIL at this meal.

Here's a picture of a lunch from the weekend, CHIPOTLE! One of the few restaurants I like going to. I cook 99% of my meals at home... Chipotle is the occasional treat, as they are a restaurant that I trust and appreciate. I really love their recent pledge to go GMO free, plus they cook everything FRESH right there. Ingredients are also bought locally when possible, and meat and dairy is hormone free!

Other lunches included dinner leftovers, some pictured below.

Dinner:




Top: Baked Acorn Squash stuffed with sauteed brussle sprouts, plus a bell pepper stuffed with turkey meat. 

Middle: ALL HAIL LEFTOVERS! This was so easy and so good. I tossed an acorn squash in the oven (can you tell I like me some winter squash?), stuffed it with leftover beans. The beans were a mix of pinto and great northern, with some summer squash and other veggies sauteed in there. Similar to my lentil recipe

Bottom: A new chicken recipe... done in the crockpot! So tasty, simple, and the tomato paste used makes it SWEET. Recipe to come soon! 

How do you guys like this new way of WIAW?

What have you been eating?

Natalie


No comments:

VGN