Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Week of Workouts #6

Check out last week's post here.

Monday

I LOVE FILA Sport. Seriously, my honest opinion here. I wish I could be their sports model! Lol!

Chest+HIIT

Decline Pushups x10
Flat bench flatx12 #15DBS
x3

Flat bench DB press 6x12,12(#15 DBS),10,10(#20DBs)6,6,(#45lb plate)

Single arm cable row ES4x12,12 (#5),dropset, dropset (max#10)
Single arm incline press ES 4x12,12 (#12), dropset dropset (max#15)

HIIT:
Incline run/sprint 6mph- 1 min
20 tuck jumps
20 v up situps
100 highknee/jumprope combo
20 jump lunges
20 mountain climbers
x3

Tuesday
Back

Starter: 30 sec x12
Burpees
YTI
Jumping jacks

Pullups under Smith 3x10

T bar row- 15,15 #2.5, 12,12 #5 10,10 #7.5, 15 #2.5 I really wanted to FEEL this and not worry about weight.

Deadlift:
12,12 #85,8,8,8 #95

Back ext with 25# plate 4x12

Single arm row 4x10-12 ES (#20, dropset,drop,drop)
Cable row 4x15 #30

Teacher Workout
Chair toe tap jumps
Duck walks
Back lunge with kick
Burpee walkout jump in
Squat with side kick

Wednesday

Today I completed nearly 200 squats. Oh yes. 
Last week I posted a crazy workout from Loving Fit (I did the math... 335 KB swings!) Here is ANOTHER workout from Tatianna! I LOVE THIS GIRL. She keeps me sore.

I used weight with everything.

"Indigo Power Tower"

Part 1
Set your timer as a stop watch. Complete 5 rounds of the following:
  • Diagonal Squat & Knee Up – Right Leg – 15 reps
  • Double Sliding Lunges – Right Leg – 10 reps ( both lunges counts as 1 rep )
  • Diagonal Squat & Knee Up – Left Leg – 15 reps
  • Double Sliding Lunges – Left Leg – 10 reps

Part 2
Set your timeras a stop watch. You will do 2 rounds of the following.
  • Triple One Leg Jump Up & Triple Kick Back – Right Leg – 10 reps ( that whole thing counts as 1 rep )
  • Triple One Leg Jump Up & Triple Kick Back – Left Leg – 10 reps

Part 3
Set your timer for 1 round of 1 minute. You will do the following exercise 3 times 1 minute each. You can take a break in between, trust me you will need it.
  • Iso Squat Side Bends

Read more at http://www.lovingfit.com/exercises-workouts/indigo-power-tower-workout/#zgD6EKt8Amcak4bf.99

Teacher Workout
Opposite toe touch with mnt climbers
Squat jumps
Shuffles
Ab rollers
Roundhouse kicks

Thursday
A much needed day of power yoga and Bob Harper abs!

No teacher workout due to bad weather. This Texas town is getting snowed out!

Friday

Got the call this morning that classes were canceled due to snow!! Woo hoo... time to sleep in! I hit the gym later in the day, once the roads got better.

SHOULDERS

Starter:
30 sec burpee
30 sec BOSU plnk

30 sec jumping jacks
x4

Pushpress 4x 10 (20#), 8 (20#), 8 (20#), 10 (20#)

DB frontal raises x10 (15# DBS)
DB corkscrew press x10 (15#)
AMRAP face pulls (25-30#) (PR on 30#!)
x3 rounds

BB behind the back shrugs x10 (35#DBS)
DB should "L" raises (12#DBS)
AMRAP Shoulder pushups
x3 

KB high pulls x10 (30#KB)
DB leaning lateral raises x10 ES (#12)
AMRAP DB bent over reverse flys (#12)
x3 


*10 burpees with shoulder press between each grouping

Saturday
LEGS!!

I used basically the same moves, just in a different way today. I was FEELING IT in my glutes!!

Single Leg Burpees with 10lb DBS 2x10 ES

Squat Series:
After each set, 12 jump squats with 25lb DB.
Low squats 3x12 65#
Regular squats, 5x10 #75

Triset:
Sliding forward and side lunge with a 25lb DB 3x10ES
Split Lunge 3x10 ES 20# DBS
Step up 3x10 ES 20# DBS

Superset:
Glute kickback (focused less on weight, more on squeezing muscle) 3x12ES 70#
Hamstring Curl 3xdropset max #80

Superset:
TRX Single leg squat 2x10ES
Body weight leg combo (kickback, side lift, leg circle) 10 of each ES

Ended with abs!


Sunday


35 minute HIIT

20 minute Yoga/Abs

How have you been working out lately?

Natalie

3 comments:

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

CHECK OUT YOUR GUN BABY!! Watch out for this gun show, lmfao! ;) You are killer though, seriously! I am trying to do more than just cardio cardio cardio and I have to say weight training makes me feel extra awesome :)

Unknown said...

Lol that is so sweet of you to say! I hope to have some bigger "guns" someday ;)
I love weight lifting. I personally can't stand cardio machines and much prefer to get my heart rate up with weights, or plyometrics.
How often do you weight train?? :)

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

I do cardio every single day! YOWZA I know. I do pilates AT LEAST once a week and then I try to do my little weight lifting sessions at least three times a week :) My guns are locked and loaded baby!

VGN