Friday, July 25, 2014

Food Bullying Needs To STOP

 

BULLYING.

It's a word we all know, an action that most of us have probably endured (or even caused.)

But what about when bullying goes beyond the playground? When it is more than pushing or shoving, calling someone fat or ugly, or talking about people behind their back?

What happens when you go to a party and people laugh at you for not eating something?

Or when your friends and family tease you because you are passionate about supporting organic farming, and a healthy environment?

How about if someone forces you to hold or be around food you don't eat, just to poke fun at you?

FOOD BULLYING comes in many shapes, but it all boils down to this:

We feel BAD for eating foods that make us feel and look GOOD.


My best friend Abby, who is also a clean eating foodie, and I drinking some yummy tea when I visited her. We are proud to be different than others our age, or otherwise.

Especially being a teenage girl, I get picked on all the time for not chowing down on store bought pizza and ice cream and candy.

It's become easier to handle these people because now I know how to approach the situation when it happens.

No longer am I ashamed to eat healthy, or in a way that makes me feel good about myself and the healthy environment I am supporting.

Have you ever experienced "food bullying?"

Natalie NGYY

No comments:

VGN